Dan Kegel's Home Page
I'm a random alumnus from Blacker.
I disavow all knowledge of my actions :-)
My current home page is www.kegel.com, better just go there!
My wife's home page is www.zilf.org.
Click on the zilflet to see what she's been up to.
This page is a quaint little time capsule... horton, for instance, was an
email directory system *that relied on open relays* to function properly!
The need for speed
- A few notes on multiplayer game programming (Dec '98)
- Peer-to-peer networking and Network Address Translators (NAT's) (Dec '98)
- Fonts and Internationalization in Java
- Automating Visual C++ Builds with Perl - examples and unsolved problems
- Overlapped Serial I/O Under Win95 - examples and unsolved problems
- Microsoft Winsock 2, Microsoft Front Page, and Sun's JRE 1.1.5 - how to escape from disaster when your end users install JRE 1.1.5 and Front Page stops working
- Microsoft Project survival manual - things you need to know before you try to use Microsoft Project. (Ignore these at the risk of becoming extremely frustrated!)
- How to compile "Hello, World" in C on Win95 and run it it under MacOS. All hail CodeWarrior!
- Extension Languages - for embedding inside
applications to make them configurable and extensible
Web resources about GNATS (aka PRMS), the GNU Bug Tracking System
wwwgnats, a WWW front end for GNATS, the GNU Bug Tracking System.
Written by yours truly. (15 Mar 95)
- TCP/IP Programming for MS-DOS
- Network progamming for computer games
Uwho, a front end to many e-mail directory services. Makes whois easy.
Horton, an easy way to create an e-mail directory for your campus.
Uses finger to maintain a user database for all hosts in your domain.
Automatically discovers new hosts monthly.
Unlike netfind, user queries never cause a finger.
nansi.sys and nnansi.com - improved ANSI screen drivers for MS-DOS
My old FTP archives, now only available via http.
Includes some stuff for DOS, DSP, CAD, e-mail address discovery,
a travelling salesman solver,
a IP address scanner for Win95 clients of Novell fileservers,
- Mon - a network monitoring toolkit.
Fun and Games
Up to the Alumni home page.
Over to the CCO home page.