JShortcut Home Page
A Java Native Interface (JNI) to Windows Shortcuts
This page contains information, documentation, and downloads for
JShortcut is a Java
package with a native library that allows a Java
application to create and read shortcuts and Start Menu items on Windows.
As of version 0.4, it is licensed under the
Lesser General Public License, so is
freely redistributable in both binary and source form.
See the README file
for features and
- January 1, 2011: as of September 2010, the latest version of
JShortcut is hosted on
- November 15, 2003: v0.4 released.
A couple more locations for getDirectory, plus JShortcut is now
licensed under LGPL rather than GPL.
- September 12, 2003: v0.3 released.
This version uses the native platform encoding, so properly reads
filenames that include extended characters.
You can now read and create shortcuts in languages other than English.
- December 30, 2002: v0.2 released. This version can load existing
shortcuts and menu items. Java programs can now read shortcuts as
well as create them.
- November 21, 2002: v0.1 released.