Pages about blacksmithing, my home forge and workshop, and related subjects.
Suitable for handing out at the beginning of a project class. Please feel free
to hand them out in your class if you want, so long as the class is taught in person
(no distance learning classes, please), and so long as the document is not modified
(my work, I'd like credit for it and I'd like it to look good). Also feel free to
use them to for yourself. Drop me an email if you want to use them some other way
or modify them, and we can discuss it.
- J Hook or barn hook, a beginner-level project we
teach at Adam's Forge. Also available in a
more detailed explanation.
- Roasting Skewer, a beginner-level project. I
learned this project from Beth Holmberg, and have mostly followed her methods.
- Kvindens Kniv, an Iron Age knife, in 1 page
or 2 pages. It's a good project for someone who
wants to learn to make knives, as it requires tapering in three dimensions.
- Spisepind, an Iron Age one-prong "fork". A fitting
companion piece for the Kvindens Kniv, just the thing for spearing a chunk from
the stew pot.
- Barbecue Fork, a two-pronged fork sized for use
with a barbecue.
Tools and Topics
- My Home Forge talks about how I got started learning
to smith, and some of the tools and equipment I use when at home.
- Knives shows some of the knives I've made, and discusses
some of the tools and techniques.
- Building a Grinder-in-a-Box, a 2"×72" belt
grinder that's good for general metalwork and designed with knife making in mind.
Copyright © 2014, 2017, 2018, Leif Bennett. All rights reserved.