I think the only way for us to really know each other
is to speak irrelevantly...That is to, say, pattern our
conversations along allegoric rather than logical lines...
That way if there are any personal traits
common to the dual relationship...we may build our perceptions
of the other's character on those denominators.
- Fred the Bird (Dan O'Neill)
(Dan hasn't regularly posted new Odd Bodkins strips here since early 2015, but one can always hope.)
A few off-site links to my current favorites. For convenience when travelling I also keep a recent copy of my daily browsing list online.
- Ellen has accused me of sending jokes to Jimmy Johnson for his Arlo and Janis.
- Don Asmussen's Bad Reporter is sometimes incomprehensible unless you live in San Francisco, and falls flat with some frequency, but when it connects it's for a home run.
- xkcd is a bunch of stick-figure drawings that bills itself as "a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language" - and delivers in its own uniquely geeky way.
- Interested in discussing short-form comics (strips and panels)? Visit rec.arts.comics.strips, on your local newsserver or via Google. You could also read the FAQ, although it hasn't been updated since mid-2014.
A small collection of stuff I've accumulated over the years.
October 27 2016