La Crescenta, CA 91214
Software Engineer, Combining my backgound in Physics with my
experience in Scientific Computing and Machine Learning
- California Institute of Technology, June 1989 to October 1990
- Ph.D. Candidate in Physics
- Post-graduate Research Assistant
- California Institute of Technology, BS, June 1989
- B.S. degree in Physics, with Honors
- Advanced object-oriented analysis, design, and programming
- Complex enterprise application servers
- Graphics programs for entertainment and scientific applications
- Programming complex relational database systems, and database design
- Scientific programming and mathematical algorithms
- Independent Contractor, May 1998 to Present
StandardCrypto, Santa Monica, CA
MarketPsych, Santa Monica, CA
- CTO for Bitcoin startup including bitcoin gaming and designing hardware wallet
Reinvent, Vancouver, BC
- Software Architect for Behavioral Finance Data Startup.
Helpeo, Las Vegas, NV
- Collision Detection for 3-D video game.
Klein Direct, Cleveland, OH
- Created front & back end of web site to bid for services.
XP Studio, Los Angeles, CA
- Created Contact Management System.
Optical Science Co., Inc., Roswell, GA
- Mentored Staff in Smalltalk Programming
Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles, CA
- Created Software for high-powered surveillance equipment.
- Interfaced device drivers for high resolution cameras.
- Wrote device drivers for telescope platform.
- Implemented hard disk recorder and player.
- Implemented entire user interface including digital zoom.
Awesome Bounce, Van Nuys, CA
- Created Web based Labor Compliance Application for Facilities Division.
- Mentored staff on Object Oriented and other software concepts.
Reunion.com, Santa Monica, CA
- Complete rewrite of legacy order management system for party rentals.
Ripple Impact, Inc, Redondo Beach, CA
- Architecture recovery for online class reunion web site.
Rampt, Hollywood, CA
- Developer for PremiumChat, billable Internet communications software.
- Lead Architect for Office to Go a system to support the managment of telecommuters.
- Project Lead for Business Protection Systems ASP installation.
- System Administrator for mixed Windows/Linux network
North Hollywood, CA, 1999
Network Telephone Services, Woodland Hills, CA, 1999
Developed 3D Internet Video Game in
Charmed, Beverly Hills, CA, 1999
- Mentored staff, helped with development tools and security
Pontis Group, Cleveland, OH, 1999-2001
- Consulted for Wearable Computing software and hardware.
- Analysis of marketing model for sales force automation, and developed
- Developed sales quote application.
- Database connect framework from Smalltalk to J/Base.
- Mentored staff on networks, and network programming.
- Senior Engineer, Twin
Sun, Inc, El Segundo, CA, February 1996 to November 1998
Database web publishing application
- Developer for InterG, a dynamic Web-based database application framework.
- Scheme (LISP) interpreter as a basis of template mechanism for publishing catalog data as HTML.
- Taught Classes for InterG, and aided customers in the creation of their sites.
- Developed HTTP server in Smalltalk.
Operations software for Japanese ISP
- Billing, Invoicing, and Operations software for Bandai's Atworld internet service.
- Created Help Desk application with Problem Tracking Database.
- Developed object/relational schema mappings.
Various development tools in Smalltalk/VisualWorks.
- Lead Engineer, Dex Information Systems, Pasadena, CA, October 1994 to July 1995
- Re-Engineered prototype of new database engine in Smalltalk.
- Developed integration tools and unit testing frameworks.
- Developed frameworks for vendor-neutral Smalltalk.
- Software Engineer, Decision Support Group, Pasadena, CA, March 1993 to September 1994
- Developed executive information systems for UniHealth.
- Developed object to relational mapping framework to handle 800 table schema.
- Developmed Event-based UI framework, and many widgets, including tables, split-views, and drag & drop inspectors
- Software Engineer, Electric Image, Pasadena, CA, October 1991 to March 1993
- Created object oriented 3D core library.
- Design and implementation of film recorder driver.
- 2D and 3D rendering and animation algorithms, NURBS, particle systems.
- Software Engineer, Cinemaware Corporation, Westlake, CA, November 1990 to February 1991
- Wrote computer games software and aided artwork and game design.
- Research Assistant, California Institute of Technology,
Visiting Scientist, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, Menlo Park, CA
January 1986 to October 1990
- Created graphic controls for calorimeter cryogenics in a particle detector, the SLD.
- Developed 3-D displays of high energy physics events in SLD.
- Senior thesis: Monte Carlo analyses of p-meson reconstruction in SLD.
- Software Engineer, Hippopotamus Software, Los Gatos, CA, June 1985 to December 1985
- Created digitally sampled drum machine on Macintosh.
- Designed stereoscopic imaging system and associated 3-D software on Macintosh.
- Technical support of company's products
- Software Contractor, Navarone, San Jose, CA, January 1984 to June 1985
- Created database management system for microcomputer.
- Created paint program and printer drivers for microcomputer.
- Software Contractor, Romox, Inc., Campbell, CA, October 1983 to January 1984
- Design of computer games and graphics support tools.
- Programmer, Imagic, Inc., Los Gatos, CA, January 1983 to September 1983
- Designed and programmed video games for Intellivision.
- Lead Programmer, JKA, Inc.,
Cleveland, OH, December 1978 to September 1981
- Computerized operations of direct mail firm.
- Created database input and update software.
- Instructed staff in computer programming and database maintenance.
- Experience managing programmers.
- Object oriented programming concepts.
- Advanced mathematics.
- Programming Languages: Smalltalk, Lisp/Scheme, C/C++/Java, Objective-C, FORTRAN, numerous assemblers
- Miscellaneous: VisualWorks, SQL, HTML, HTTP, East Asian Language Support
- Unix/Linux, Windows, Macintosh, NeXT, Amiga, VMS, and Pick operating systems.