Links to Useful and Interesting Web Sites
- The American Chemical Society is the worlds largest
scientific society. It publishes many of the most important chemical journals in America
and provides many other resources for chemists.
U.S. National Chemistry Olympiad is an excellent program sponsored by
ACS. I was a memeber in High School and it was a most valuable experience.
- Total Baseball is the official encyclopedia
of Major League Baseball, and a great source for historical stats and essays.
- ESPNet has up to date news about goings
on in MLB.
- Instant Sports is the best source of up
to the minute information on games, as well as a nice section on current stats.
- The Baseball Prospectus is an excellent
baseball anual put out by some of the leading thinkers from the net.
- Rec.sport.baseball is a great place to discuss
just about anything you can think of related to baseball.
- Deja News is a wonderful site where you can
access expired USENET articles. How they manage to do this for free is unclear to me,
but I'm not complaining.
- The on-line version of The Los Angeles Times
is a good place to find out what's happening in LA. They even have traffic reports.
- No list of links would be complete without referencing
Yahoo, probably the best web search site. They don't have as many pages listed as
some other sites, but they use more care in their listings than most.
back to main page
Home Page / Roger Moore /
firstname.lastname@example.org / June 1997